Special Days Camp is a one-week, residential camp program available to any child who had or currently has cancer. Special Days Camp gives these youngsters a chance to be “just kids” and experience the fun of traditional summer camp with an experienced team of oncology doctors and nurses standing by.
The health and well-being of the campers is our primary concern. Our medical staff can administer routine chemotherapy and medications, take blood counts, care for catheters, and handle all necessary medical treatments. The medical staff resides at camp and is available at all hours.
Activities There are many activities that are available for campers to experience. Regardless of age or ability, there is something for everyone at Special Days. Here are some camp favorites:
- Water World: swimming, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, playing on the popular blue mat
- Beach time: volleyball, building sandcastles, treasure hunts, tether ball, ga-ga
- Relaxation: around the campfire, in the cabin, at the hammocks
- Group Activities: capture the flag, all-camp games, dances, karaoke, movies
- Challenges: high ropes, low ropes, zip line, archery, nature classes
- Winter Activities: sledding, cross country skiing, campfires, crafts, dances, broomball
- Connection: long-lasting friendships, expanding comfort zones, learning new things