The single most important element in the success of our program is our volunteer staff. Camp volunteers provide enthusiasm, fun, creativity, energy and generosity to our campers by nurturing lifelong friendships, provide outlets for personal growth and create wonderful lasting memories.
At Special Days Camps, our volunteers learn the meaning of patience and understanding as they experience the role of mentor. Parents trust us with their most valuable treasures, their children, and for that reason we set extremely high standards for our camp volunteers. It is important that you understand our objectives and be able to commit to:
- Submitting a completed application with references
- Complete a waiver of release for a background check and central registry clearance
- Participate in a phone interview or attend an in-person interview
- Attend a one-day pre-camp volunteer training
- Read, understand and abide by the staff code of conduct and manual
Applications will be reviewed and accepted until the deadline listed on the application. After that time they will be accepted based on availability and needs of the camp program. All potential staff members are required to give Special Days Camps permission to annually run a criminal background check and complete a central registry clearance form. Because of our state licensing requirements you MUST be at least 18 years of age to apply for a volunteer staff position.
For questions please contact Camp Director, Tammy Willis, by email at [email protected] or call 866-448-4710.